SmarterMail's notes feature provides users with the the electronic equivalent of paper sticky notes. Use notes to jot down questions, ideas, reminders, and anything you would write on note paper. This feature is especially convenient when used to save bits of information you may need later, such as directions or text you want to reuse in other items or documents.
To access your notes, click the notes icon. By default, the notes in My Notes will load. Note: To view different task lists (such as shared lists or mapped resources), click the Notes menu at the top of the navigation pane and select the desired list.
Navigating Your Notes
When you view your notes, the page is divided into two sections:
- The navigation pane displays the notes in the list you are viewing. To view details for a specific note, simple click the desired note.
- The content pane displays all available details about the selected note.
In general, the following options are available from the navigation pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new note.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to select all notes or delete notes.
- Select All - Selects all notes in the list you are viewing.
- Delete - Deletes the selected note(s).
- View - Click this button and select the appropriate option do filter notes, sort notes, or choose the details that are displayed about a note in the navigation pane.
- Filter - Filters notes by the selected category or color.
- Sort - Sorts notes by text, color, or date in ascending or descending order.
- Visible Fields - Choose which note details are displayed in the navigation pane.
In general, the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- Edit - Edits the selected note.
- Delete - Deletes the selected note.