SmarterMail's tasks feature is designed to help users keep track of things they need to do. Users can create lists of items, set due dates, and even link email messages to tasks.
To access your tasks, click the tasks icon. By default, the tasks in My Tasks will load. Note: To view different task lists (such as shared lists or mapped resources), click the Tasks menu at the top of the navigation pane and select the desired list.
For help understanding the different areas of the tasks section, see the tasks diagram.
Navigating Your Tasks
When you view your tasks, the page is divided into two sections:
- The navigation pane displays the tasks in the list you are viewing. To view details for a specific task, simple click the desired task.
- The content pane displays all available details about the selected task.
In general, the following options are available from the navigation pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new task.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to select all tasks, delete tasks, or add the tasks to Outlook.
- Select All - Selects all tasks in the list you are viewing.
- Delete - Deletes the selected task(s).
- Add to Outlook - Connects SmarterMail to Microsoft Outlook and synchronizes task information. Note: This feature is only available in SmarterMail Enterprise.
- View - Click this button and select the appropriate option do filter tasks, sort tasks, or choose the details that are displayed about a task in the navigation pane.
- Filter - Filters tasks by the selected category or by whether the task is completed.
- Sort - Sorts tasks by subject, due date, percentage complete, or priority level in ascending or descending order.
- Visible Fields - Choose which task details are displayed in the navigation pane.
In general, the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- Edit - Edits the selected task.
- Delete - Deletes the selected task.