SmarterMail's calendar feature takes the burden out of organizing your schedule and is accessible from any device with Internet access. SmarterMail's calendar system is very flexible and includes many options that make it easy to keep track of important events, including:
- Fully configurable appointments with optional recurrence rules.
- Email notification and notification within SmarterMail of upcoming appointments.
- Attendee and invitation status tracking.
- Availability information about attendees.
- Integration with Outlook.
To access your calendar, click the calendar icon. Depending on your account settings, the daily, weekly, monthly, or all appointments calendar view will load. Note: To view different calendars (such as shared calendars or mapped resources), click the Calendars menu at the top of the content pane and select the desired calendar.
For help understanding the different areas of the calendar, see the calendar diagram.
Navigating Your Calendar
When you view your SmarterMail calendar, you can toggle between four different views:
- Daily - The daily view is a planner-type view that displays all appointments scheduled for the day. If configured, this view also displays the weather forecast for the date you are viewing and any applicable start or due times for tasks.
- Weekly - The weekly view is intended as more of an agenda-type view and displays all appointments scheduled for the week. If configured, this view also displays the 7-day weather forecast and the start and due dates for tasks.
- Monthly - The monthly view displays all appointments and tasks scheduled for the month. It serves as an at-a-glance type of calendar that outlines a general idea of the upcoming events over the next 30 days.
- All Appointments - The all appointments view lists all appointments on your calendar and can be sorted by the appointment subject, start date, or end date.
To help you differentiate between different appointment types, SmarterMail assigns different colors to your calendar items. These colors are as follows:
- Blue - Regular appointments
- Yellow - All-day appointments
- Green - Tasks
In general, the following options are available in the content pane toolbar:
- New - Creates a new appointment.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to edit an appointment, delete an appointment, or import all calendar appointments to Microsoft Outlook.Note: The ability to add your calendar to Outlook is only available in SmarterMail Enterprise and SmarterMail Free editions.
- View - Click this button and select the appropriate option to filter calendar items by category or choose the details that are displayed about an appointment in the calendar view.
- Filter - Filters appointments by the selected category or whether they are recurring or all day.
- Visible Fields - Choose which appointment details are displayed on the calendar.
- Print - Prints the data displayed in the current calendar view.